MA Accounting and Business
Taught by world-leading industry professionals and researchers, students can specialise in areas of business such as:
- Global Business
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
- Eco Innovation
- Future of Work
- Theories and Techniques of Persuasion
The School provides many and varied opportunities to engage in co- and extra-curricular activities. Student Development Team can help develop a range of essential business graduate competencies.
- TOEFL iBT
The minimum entry requirement for widening access applicants is:
- SQA Highers: ABBB by end of S6. BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S5.
- A-Levels: ABB.
- IB: 34 points with 655 at HL.
- IELTS Academic module overall 7.0 with 6.0 in each component
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition) 100 or above with 20 in each section
- Cambridge English: Advanced or Proficiency overall 185 with 169 in each component
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Accounting and business graduates are highly valued by employers across the world and graduates of our programmes are highly sought after by a wide range of employers.
Graduates secure employment in a diverse range of fields, the most popular being:
- human resources
Accountancy graduates can train to become a qualified accountant through a traineeship with an accountancy or commercial firm. Alternatively one can choose a career in taxation, finance or banking.