MSc Big Data Financial Analytics: Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods
Application deadlines: February 1
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: CA$100
Intakes: September 9
Domestic tuition: CA$8,090
This professional program can be completed in 16 months, and involves the in-depth study of mathematical finance, portfolio and risk management, linear programming, financial econometrics, numerical methods and financial management.
This program can be done
- TOEFL iBT
B.A. or B.Sc. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in one of the traditional disciplines: Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computing & Information Systems, Economics, Geography, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, Philosophy, or Psychology
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- A university course in differential and integral calculus, and one in probability and statistics or the equivalent
- Some familiarity with linear algebra, and be capable of programming at an elementary level in at least one computational language
- A course in either differential equations or advanced statistics is required, depending on whether the student’s area of research will be mathematics or statistics based
- Enrollment is limited; preference will be given to applicants who exceed the above minimum requirements
A GRE test score is not required for admission into this program
- Two Letters of Reference
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- TOEFL iBT, iBT Home Edition, iBT Paper Edition (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The minimum acceptance score is 93 (with a minimum score of 22 in both speaking and writing). *Trent University Institution Number for official TOEFL test result submission is 0896.
- CAEL or CAEL online (Canadian Academic English Language Test). The minimum acceptable score is 60, with at least 60 in Writing Proficiency.
- IELTS (International English language Testing Services) - Academic testing. The minimum acceptance score is 6.5, with no band below 6.0.
- Successful completion of Trent University – ESL Academic English 1 and 2 - must be completed prior to beginning Graduate Studies
- Personal Statement
Oshawa , Canada