- 40Acceptance Rate
- 5Available Programs
- 30000Average Cost
- 90Employment Rate
Founded in 1921, the Law School is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools. It offers a professional education of the highest quality that prepares its graduates for a lifetime of fulfilling service in any career they choose, including the bar, government, business, and education. The school's program emphasizes intellectual discipline and the development of the professional analytic skills required to respond effectively to the challenge of continuing change in the law and in the society it serves.
UConn Law's legal education reflects a belief that the life of the mind is best stimulated by a high quality of civil discourse among students and faculty conducted on a small scale.
Applicants to an LLM program should have: (1) a JD from an accredited U.S. law school, or (2) a law degree from a faculty outside the United States. International applicants must also meet the English proficiency requirements.
- Students who are enrolled in a five-year first degree in law program while in the fourth or fifth year of the first degree.
- Students in a four-year first degree in law program may apply for admission in their fourth year with permission of their home institutions. The UConn School of Law LLM degree would be awarded after confirmation that the home institution awarded the student a first degree in law.
- Students in a three-year first degree in law program may apply for admission after completion of two years with permission of their home institutions. The UConn School of Law LLM degree would be awarded after confirmation that the home institution awarded the student a first degree in law.
- Students who are enrolled in an integrated masters and Ph.D. program in law may apply to the LLM program when all their coursework is complete.
- The Insurance Law LLM program will consider applicants holding an advanced degree in a related field who have demonstrated significant professional achievement relevant to pursing the Insurance Law LLM.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply for external scholarships, and must report receiving any awards to the Student Finance Office. For more information