Doctor Of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
PhD or Doctorate degree
Application deadlines: Dec 14 for Spring, Apr 12 for Summer, Aug 9 for Fall
Processing time: 20-30 days
Application fee: $100
Intakes: Fall, Spring, Summer
International tuition: $18,468
Domestic tuition: $18,468
Students who complete the prescribed course of study at the American College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) will be awarded a Doctor of Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine (DACM) and Master of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (MAOM) degrees upon completion of its requirements. The states that regulate and license professional acupuncturists recognize this degree as meeting requisite academic credential requirements for sitting for the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) licensure exam.
This program can be done
- TOEFL iBT
To be eligible for admissions, prospective students must meet the following conditions:
- A bachelor‘s degree or equivalent is preferred (120 semester credit hours with at least 30 semester credit hours of general education and 30 semester hours being upper-level) from college or university that is accredited by an accrediting agency that is approved by the U.S. Department of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation;
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 grading system.
English language exams minimum:
- The student must have completed a two-year (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) undergraduate- or graduate-level, English-based education in an institution: accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, or in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), New Zealand, or Ireland. In all cases, English must have been both the language of instruction and the language of the curriculum used;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL® iBT) – Acceptable score: TOEFL iBT total score – 80;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Format – Acceptable score: IELTS overall band score – 6.5.
After graduate alumni can:
- Become a Hospital Acupuncturist;
- Work in an Integrative Healthcare Clinic;
- Work at an Established Acupuncture Practice;
- Teach Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine;
- Open their Own Acupuncture Clinic.
Houston , United States