- 85Acceptance Rate
- 59Available Programs
- 16500Average Cost
Capilano University offers more than 100 programs, including 12 bachelor's degrees, in areas as diverse as film and animation, early childhood education and tourism management. Interdisciplinary programs unique to Capilano University include the global stewardship program, and British Columbia studies. Capilano also offers niche programs with an applied focus, such as Applied Behaviour Analysis - Autism, applied ethics, illustration/design (IDEA), and music therapy. The Capilano School of Motion Picture Arts offers motion picture technical skills training awarding various certificates and diplomas including an applied Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts degree.
Capilano University offers joint partnerships and projects as part of the school's commitment to international education. It has dual degree programs and development partnerships with various schools abroad.
Capilano has six men's and women's varsity sports teams that play at the provincial and national levels. The official representing team at the intercollegiate level is the Capilano University Blues. The Blues are based at Capilano University's North Vancouver campus and have their home court in the Centre for Sport and Wellness. Capilano University competes at the intercollegiate level in basketball, soccer, and volleyball.
International students are eligible for admission to Capilano if they have completed the equivalent of secondary school graduation (Grade 12) in British Columbia. Individual programs have different admission requirements.
Official, original or school certified transcripts are required for all programs. Transcripts show a list of subjects and grades in each. If graduation is not shown on the official transcript, please provide official proof of graduation as well. These documents must be in the original language of issue and translated into English by a recognized translator, if required.
If English is not a student's first language or the education was received in a language other than English, one of the following English language assessment tests is required:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Required minimum marks: online test (TOEFL iBT®): 83; paper-delivered test: 560.
2. ELA (English Language Assessment Test). Required minimum mark: 145.
3. Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Required minimum mark: 6.5 overall, with no single score below 6.
4.CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test). Required minimum mark: 70.
5. PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English – Academic). Required minimum mark: 56.
Funding for International Students
Scholarships are merit-based awards that recognize academic. Bursaries are given based on financial need. Awards may be given based on a combination of top marks, athletic achievement, extra-curricular activities or other special achievements, and sometimes are based on financial need.
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Landed Immigrant
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 at Capilano University1
- Completion of a minimum of 9 credits at the 100-level or higher at Capilano University 2 3
- Current enrolment in a minimum of 9 credits at the 100-level or higher at Capilano University 3