Animation BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,750
Domestic tuition: £9,250
Animation BA (Hons) is a course built around the practice of creative, illustrative and technical production. Students will explore how to make characters come to life through design, performance and narrative using digital animation tools and techniques. DMU studio culture encourages students to achieve to a high potential, enabling them to become innovative and creative with the opportunity to develop new intellectual property of the future. Animation program gives students a grounding as generalists in animation with the opportunity to develop more specialist skills during the final year.
This program can be done
- Normally 104 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent, with Art and Design at grade C or above or
- Art and Design BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM
Plus five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English or equivalent.
Alternative qualifications include:
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE Art and Design course with at least 15 credits in Art and Design at merit. English GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course or
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ points including Art and Design at higher level grade 5 or
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma: Pass
Portfolio Required: You will also need a good portfolio according to the course guidelines as part of your application. Portfolio guidance for Animation.
Interview Required: Yes
If English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
Animation BA graduates are working as animators, producers, high-flying VFX technical directors, lead technical runners, compositors, modellers and designers working on TV series and films. They are working with international companies like Double Negative, Ubisoft (Shanghai), Jagex, MPC, The Mill, Blue Zoo, Character Shop, RJDM Animations and Ragdoll Productions and have worked on major films including ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Rises’, 'Les Miserables', 'Superman Man of Steel', 'Thor: The Dark World', 'Ex Machina', 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' and ‘Total Recall’.
Leicester , United Kingdom