Computing BSc (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,750
Domestic tuition: £9,250
This course gives you an opportunity to develop industry-relevant professional skills in a range of areas. The modules on the Computing BSc (Hons) course have been very carefully designed to provide a fully integrated course of study. Key skills in English and Maths, business skills including report writing, group work, planning projects and making presentations are fully contextualised within the academic subject content.
This program can be done
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Mathematics, plus one of the following:
- Normally 104 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent or
- BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM or
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE course. English and Maths GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course or
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ points
- Foundation Year in Computing: Pass Foundation, and progression is at the discretion of the programme leader. Refer to the Foundation team for further guidance.
Portfolio Required : No
Interview Required: No
If English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
Recent graduates are now working as computer engineers, systems engineers, database managers, software developers, development and support officers and in teaching in Computing and ICT. Graduates are also well positioned to continue their academic careers by embarking on postgraduate study, in either research or taught areas, which offers the opportunity for further specialisation and enhances their existing skills.
Leicester , United Kingdom