Design Crafts BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,250
Domestic tuition: £9,250
This course attracts students who have an ambition to develop their own personal Design Crafts practice, often with interests in entrepreneurship and a desire to determine their own creative future. During the course DMU enable students to develop their passion for making and to establish a personal, creative voice through a range of challenging projects.
This program can be done
Typical entry requirements
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A ‘levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
Students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
- BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent
Careers open to Design Crafts graduates include craftsperson, jeweller, ceramicist, textile artist, designer-maker, glass artist, designer, researcher, consultant, curator, buyer, stylist and educator. They often combine employed and self-employed careers. Design Craft BA graduates have set up their own studio workshops as small businesses and sole traders, including Katie Almond Ceramics and Emma Kelly who trades as Duck in a Bucket. Glass maker Samantha Donaldson RCA won the Royal Overseas League of Music Trophy 2012 and is selling her glass work in Selfridges. Graduates also exhibit their work at events and galleries such as Fresh, Lustre, Made, 50:50, British Craft Trade fair, Contemporary Craft Fair, British Craft Trade Fair and the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair.
Leicester , United Kingdom