Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,750
Domestic tuition: £9,250
This course offers a platform to develop a solid foundation in the science electrical and electronic engineering.
This program can be done
- Normally 112 UCAS points (120 UCAS points for MEng) from at least two A-levels or equivalent, including one of the following subjects: Mathematics or Physics at grade C or
- Engineering or Physics BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM (DDM for MEng)
Plus five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Alternative qualifications include:
- Access to HE Engineering
- Engineering Science
- Engineering Science and Mathematics
- Physics and Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- If you are studying an alternative Access course that is related to Engineering, Mathematics or Physics please contact us for more details.
- English and Mathematics GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ points (30+ points for MEng) with Mathematics or Physics at higher level
- Engineering Year Zero: Pass
Portfolio Required: No
Interview Required: No
If English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
Increasingly, employers need graduates with a range of transferable skills combined with the ability to work competently in electronics and use the tools of electronic engineering. Electronic engineering links into many industries, with many graduates pursuing careers in electronic product design, radio frequency design and mobile communications, signal processing, control and power electronics, electronic control systems, telecommunications, military and aeronautical electronics.
Leicester , United Kingdom