Fashion Buying with Design BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,250
Domestic tuition: £9,250
Students will learn the roles and responsibilities of a buyer, from design concept to the selling platform. They will gain the knowledge of product lifecycle through learning about garment fitness for purpose, from design, material, through construction, fit and final realisation. CAD sessions will support students design development and the professional communication of work.
This program can be done
Typical entry requirements
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels, including grade 4 in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent
This course is designed for students who are aiming for a career in fashion buying, and also offers broader career options which include fashion merchandising, visual merchandising, garment technology, sourcing, design, and fashion marketing. Students will be equipped to work in retail and the extended supply base. Recent graduates have succeeded into careers at ASOS, Selfridges, Next, George, M&S, River Island, and Joules amongst many others.
Leicester , United Kingdom