Game Art BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,250
Domestic tuition: £9,250
Game Art is a specialist 3D art degree which develops 3D modelling skills, as well as further developing your existing 2D traditional art skills by learning industry standard digital tools and techniques.
This program can be done
- Normally 120 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent, with Art and Design at grade B or above or
- Art and Design BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DDM
Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English or equivalent.
Alternative qualifications include:
- Pass in the QAA accredited Access to HE Art and Design course with at least 15 level 3 credits in Art and Design at Distinction. English GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course or
- International Baccalaureate: 30+ points including Art and Design at higher level grade 6 or
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma: Pass
Portfolio Required: You will also need a good portfolio according to the course guidelines as part of your application. Portfolio guidance for Game Art.
Interview Required: Yes, international students will be interviewed via Skype.
If English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
Game Arrt program graduates have worked for companies such as Atomhawk, the BBC, Blizzard, BMW, Capcom, Codemasters, Creative Assembly, Crytek, Deepsilver, Gusto Games, Headstrong, Honda, Jagex, Konami, Other Ocean, Playground Games, Razorworks, Rebellion, Riot Games, Rockstar North, Rocksteady Studios, Splash Damage, SEGA, Sony, and Ubisoft. Graduates are working as 3D artists, visualisation and VR artists, environment artists, character artists, concept artists, technical artists, team leads, studio managers, producers and directors. They have also produced their own original games, including Sodium, published by Sony.
Leicester , United Kingdom