International Film Production MA
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
International tuition: £15,100
Domestic tuition: £8,170
Students will develop a range of production management skills: These include scriptwriting, lighting and cinematography; image processing, camera-based work more generally, directing and post production; focus on pitching, budgeting, production management, and fine skills; students will also gain core business expertise, such as an understanding of research and development, and wider careers planning.
This program can be done
You should have the equivalent of a British Honours degree (2:2 minimum) in a relevant subject. We are happy to consider equivalent qualifications from anywhere in the world.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent when you start the course is essential.
As part of your application you will be required to write a 400 word proposal outlining your plans for a film production of which you hope to develop on the course, or provide a portfolio of relevant work.
- All students are required to make a pre-payment of £4,000 towards their course fee when accepting an unconditional offer from DMU.
Prepare the following documents:
- A copy of the student`s qualifications
- A copy of the student`s English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why the student wants to study chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support application
- A copy of the student`s passport
- Two references for postgraduate study
The course is structured around developing skills in production management, development and other skills related to the film production process. Graduates will leave with an enhanced awareness of the specialist skills required in the international film industry, and commensurate skills. These may lead to careers in the media as well as other opportunities.
Leicester , United Kingdom