Product Design BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,250
Domestic tuition: £9,250
Students will study the human functional and market-led requirements of product and furniture design, including ergonomics, aesthetics usability and the application of technology. Specific areas include visual language, branding, user-centred design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), sustainability and the development of socially-conscious products that, through technical specification, reduce waste and conserve energy.
This program can be done
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A-levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
- BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent
Graduates go on to work as specialist professionals in a range of industries in roles from designers through to managers. Recent graduates have embarked on careers in consultancies such as Cambridge Consultants and in design teams at companies such as Aston Martin, Hozelock and Magmatic. The skills you learn will also prepare you for a career in design marketing, design management, teaching or postgraduate research.
Leicester , United Kingdom