Textile Design BA (Hons)
Application deadlines: 15 January
Processing time: 30 days
Application fee: £12
International tuition: £14,250
Domestic tuition: £9,250
The Textile Design BA (Hons) covers an extensive programme of study, which instills relevant knowledge, understanding and skills required to become a practicing designer in a global market. The curriculum responds to a diverse range of employment opportunities and the need to be relevant in a varied and changing industry.
This program can be done
A good portfolio and normally:
- Art and Design Foundation or
- 112 points from at least 2 A ‘levels and including grade C in Art and Design or
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in an Art and Design related subject or
- International Baccalaureate: 26+ Points including Art and Design
Plus five GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above.
- Pass Access with 30 Level 3 credits at Merit in Art and Design and GCSE English (Language or Literature) at grade 4 or above
- BTEC First Diploma plus two GCSEs including English Language or Literature at grade 4 or above
Interview and portfolio
Applicants with relevant qualifications will be invited to submit a portfolio of work.
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential
Opportunities include freelance designer/maker, designer for industry, buying and production, gallery exhibitions, private and public commission work, demonstrators, art therapy, gallery and retail opportunities and teaching. Graduates work for companies such as Hallmark, George, Lucy Woodhouse Studio, Gilbey and Cheyne, Tiger Print, Osborne & Little, H&M and Warner Fabrics.
Leicester , United Kingdom