- 85Acceptance Rate
- 8Available Programs
- 17995Average Cost
- 96Employment Rate
The university was founded in March of 1863 when the Kansas Legislature passed the enabling act to establish the Kansas State Normal School. Although founded in 1863, the first term did not begin until February 15, 1865. Since its founding, ESU has improved the lives of students from Kansas, throughout the U.S., and around the world.
- Undergraduate and graduate programs offered in ESU's four colleges: College of Liberal Arts + Sciences, School of Business, School of Library + Information Management, The Teachers College.
- Only Public University in Kansas to be Named a College of Distinction.
- Named to The Princeton Review's 2021-Best Regional Colleges List.
- Named Top University for Latinos 2019 from Latino Leaders magazine.
- High-Impact, hands-on learning experiences are part of the curriculum at ESU.
- Stinger Success Program offers students a dedicated academic advisor, freshman seminar and academic support services.
- Emporia State University is ranked the #1 safest college campus in the state of Kansas.
- Completion of secondary school with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (converted to U.S. grade scale)
- ACT or SAT test scores are not required for undergraduate international student applicants, except for athletes. However, if you take these tests, you may be eligible for academic scholarships
- GPA: dependent on academic program
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
Emporia State University has loads of scholarships, flat-rate tuition, and on-campus jobs.
For more information click here