- 85Acceptance Rate
- 7Available Programs
- 28639Average Cost
FIC is a private educational business that operates under an agreement with Simon Fraser University. Courses at FIC are designed in consultation with faculty and departments at SFU, which allows for an oversight of course material and quality.
While under original and preliminary discussions at SFU, the FIC proposal was the source of no deal of controversy. FIC is operated by Navitas Limited, a publicly listed Australian educational company.
FIC provides 1-year pre-university programs and guarantees direct transfer to Simon Fraser University when GPA reaches the standards according to different majors. The programs of UTP Stage II are relevant to first year programs at Simon Fraser University. Students need to take required credits for transfer and the required courses are based on the majors.
Majors in UTP Stage II
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Business Administration
- Communication and Business
- Communication, Art and Technology
- Computing Science
- Engineering Science
- Health Science
- Entry into UTP Stage II generally requires the successful completion of Year 12 of secondary school or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on program.
- Admissions assessments are based on an applicant’s complete academic record.
- Entry into UTP Stage I generally requires the successful completion of Year 11 or its equivalent with overall and individual subject requirements depending on program.
- Before students start a program at FIC, you will take the FIC Math Check.
- The completion of secondary school mathematics (or equivalent) at an acceptable level is required for entry into UTP Stage II in the Computing Science, Environment, and Engineering Science streams.
- Once accepted to FIC, before you start a Business Administration, Computing Science, Environment, or Engineering Science program, you will be required to take the FIC Math Check, UTP Stage II students may be required to complete a Pre-Calculus course in the first term of UTP Stage II as a prerequisite to the required math course for their program. The Pre-Calculus course is additional to your required courses for Business Administration, Computing Science, Environment, and Engineering Science programs.
- IELTS 5.5 Overall with minimum 5.5 in Reading and Writing and 5.0 in Speaking and Listening
- TOEFL 69 Overall Reading and Writing minimum 15
FIC is pleased to announce the launch of 47 new scholarship opportunities recognizing the academic success and community engagement of our students! Students are not required to apply for these scholarships, as they will be awarded based on academic performance and staff/instructor nominations.
For more information click here.