- 79,1Acceptance Rate
- 97Employment Rate
High Point University has been named one of the nation’s top institutions for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review. HPU is recognized in “The Best 385 Colleges: 2020 Edition” for its academic programming, as well as positive survey responses and feedback from students, parents, and higher education leaders across the country.
100% of freshmen have a Success Coach to help them navigate their freshman year
99% of freshmen live on campus, 95% of all students live on campus all four years
TOP 14 college security program in the nation by Security Magazine, providing a very safe campus
79 Study Abroad programs for HPU students to live and learn about diverse cultures
25% of class time is spent in experimental learning initiative and practical application
108K+ ours of community service provided by HPU students each year
100+ Clubs and Organizations
50+ Intramural and Club Sport Teams
Academic Fellowship programs & Honors Scholars
- Complete and submit your application for admission and all required supporting application forms online
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to send your official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or upload to the Common App.
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to complete and submit the Common App’s Counselor Report form.
- Please provide one letter of recommendation from either your counselor or a teacher
- SAT range 1050-1240
- Average GPA is 3,3
- TOEFL 79 or higher. IELTS 6,5 or higher.
- Taken an official Duolingo and received a score of 105 or higher.
As an international university, High Point University values the representation of students from around the world as a part of the student body. International students with a 3.0 unweighted or higher GPA (when converted to a 4.0 American scale) will qualify for a minimum of $5,000 per year in merit scholarship (up to $20,000 over four years). Students who submit SAT or ACT scores may be considered for higher awards.
Your High Point University Undergraduate Admissions Application serves as your Presidential Scholars Application – there is no separate application that you need to submit in order to be considered for the Presidential Scholars Program. To be considered for our Presidential Scholars Program, you must submit official SAT or ACT scores from the College Board.
For more information, please, visit