- 53Acceptance Rate
- 105Available Programs
- 20560Average Cost
- 83Employment Rate
Jacksonville State University (JSU) is a public university in Jacksonville, Alabama. Founded in 1883, Jacksonville State offers programs of study in six academic schools leading to bachelor's, master's, education specialist, and doctorate degrees in addition to certificate programs and continuing education opportunities. In the Fall semester of 2011, JSU began offering the school's first doctoral degree, Doctor of Science in Emergency Management. In 2016, the university gained approval to offer its second doctorate, a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
The university was founded as Jacksonville State Normal School, and in 1930 the name changed to Jacksonville State Teachers College, and again in 1957 to Jacksonville State College. The university began operating as Jacksonville State University in 1966.
JSU currently has an enrolment of more than 9,000 students, with nearly 500 faculty members. Jacksonville State's Business School was ranked within the nation's 90th percentile by the Princeton Review. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, 40 academic programs earned specialized programmatic accreditations. These programs include business, education, applied engineering, nursing, social work, drama, art, music, computer science, family and consumer science, and communication
- Application form and Application Fee $35.00.
- High school GPA of 2.0/4.0 (US grading scale).
- Copy of Passport.
- Copy of financial document (financial statement and letter) stating a balance of at least $30,500.
- If credentials are in a language other than English they must be translated by the institution itself or approved translation services.
- At least one standardized test score such as ACT/SAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS/iTEP/PTE.
- Proof of English Proficiency. (In addition to TOEFL/IELTS/iTEP/PTE, the ACT/SAT can satisfy proof of English proficiency requirement).
- Complete Application form
- Pay application fee of $35.00 online.
- Submit official copy of high school transcript and diploma in issuing institution’s sealed envelope.
- Submit a copy of passport.
- Submit a copy of financial document (financial statement and letter).
- Submit at least one standardized test score such as ACT/SAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS/iTEP/PTE.
- Submit proof of English Proficiency score.
Mail documents to:
- International House, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, AL-36265 Or/And
- Email documents [email protected]
Scholarship & funding
Jacksonville State University is committed to assisting students with financing their college education. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, athletic skills, special talents, and/or financial need. JSU offers several different types of scholarships to help defray the cost of attending school for new and continuing students. JSU-funded scholarships are non "refundable", and unused funds cannot be carried over to subsequent semesters. Each scholarship may be regulated by a different set of requirements. The institution has scholarships that are automatically offered and some that require an application.
Scholarships awarded for:
- Academic Achievement
- Athletic Skills
- Special Talents and/or
- Financial Need
For more information click here.