- 18000Average Cost
The ISC is located opposite Memorial Hall, in the Memorial area of campus. This area includes a new baseball and softball field complex, 2 student art galleries, a costume shop, the Art Education Center, and studios, classrooms and computer labs used by the School of Art and Art History.
The Memorial Area is a 10-minute walk, or a short ride on the free campus bus service, from the central Bluestone area of campus, where the university library, health center and cinema are found.
Most of your English preparation classes, academic credit classes, and American culture classes are taught in university classrooms near the International Study Center. You will also have some lectures on other parts of the university campus, for instance, in JMU's Business School.
- Successful completion of the equivalent of a US secondary education
- Minimal 2.25 GPA (Grade Point Average) - equivalent to 77-79% or a 'C+' average
- Diploma or certification of graduation from High School in your home country
- Undergraduate applicants who intend to major in theater, dance, music and studio art must also submit a portfolio and/or arrange an audition.
Applicants must provide proof that they meet the minimum English language entry requirement, which depends on the amount of semesters.
- 1 semester: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Pearson 58 / Versant 64+/ Duolingo 105
- 2 semesters: IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 60 / Pearson 45 / Versant 48-54/ Duolingo 85
- 3 semesters: IELTS 5.0 / TOEFL 50 / Pearson 42 / Versant 43-47/ Duolingo 75
- 4 semesters: IELTS 4.5 / TOEFL 45 / Pearson Not Accepted / Versant 41-42/ Duolingo 65