- 85Acceptance Rate
- 8Available Programs
- 18240Average Cost
- 95Employment Rate
Founded in 1971, MacEwan University offers over 65 programs, the University provides transformative education in a collaborative and supportive educational environment. Creativity thrives here through research and innovation that attracts students, faculty and the community. Through student-centered learning, the university connects with students creating a unique post-secondary experience that opens up diverse paths to their achievement and growth. The time students spend at MacEwan University is discovering what they love to do, turning that passion into plans for the future and creating a new community.
The University was named after Dr. J. W. Grant McEwan, author, educator, and former Lieutenant Governor of Alberta. MacEwan has two libraries, the Alberta College Library and the John L. Haar library. MacEwan University's sports teams are known as Griffins. Men's and women's sports include basketball, hockey, volleyball, football, cross country, curling and golf.
Please, check the requirements for each particular program, because admission requirements vary widely depending on the program.
- English Proficiency Test
*please check the specifics of this requirement, because they differ depending on the program
- Previous education transcripts
- High School subjects - specific to each program
- Previous Post-Secondary Education
- If a student has attempted 9 or more credits of post-secondary coursework before they apply to MacEwan University, they may be required to present a minimum admission grade point average (AGPA) in addition to their high school requirements
- AGPA averages results in recent coursework completed according to the calculations below
AGPA is different from overall GPA, which averages results in all coursework completed