- 85Acceptance Rate
- 13Available Programs
- 10750Average Cost
- 91.2Employment Rate
BI’s relentless focus on keeping close bonds to the business world as well as investing heavily in research has set us apart as an educational institution for future leaders. BI is among the 1% of business schools with a "Triple Crown" accreditation, and its international reputation ensures your degree will be valued all over the world.
- Education focused on real business challenges
- Triple Crown-accredited school
- High quality teachers and research faculty
- Modern campus with vibrant student communities
One in four Norwegian business leaders graduated from BI. That is more than any other school in Norway. So if you are planning a career in Norway, chances are high that someone who understands your education will interview you.
1) Higher education entrance qualification
For applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme:
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma - or
- IB Diploma Programme Course Results / IB Certificate, with these additional requirements:
- A total of minimum 20 points, including any points for Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay.
- Passed at least 3 subjects at standard level and 3 at higher level, or 4 subjects at higher level and 2 at standard level.
- Grade 3 or higher for all subjects at standard level and higher level.
- Passed Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay.
- Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) must be “fully satisfied”.
For applicants with standard Secondary Education / High School:
- Requirements vary between countries. BI follows the official Norwegian regulations by NOKUT. Please consult the GSU list from NOKUT to see the requirements for your country. For some countries, one year of college or university education is required in addition to a high school or school leaving certificate.
- Good skills in mathematics are recommended.
2) English proficiency test An English test is mandatory for all applicants, both Norwegian and international: You will need to submit one of the following tests (required minimum score in brackets):
- IELTS Academic (overall band score 6.0)
- TOEFL ibt (78)
- TOEFL pbt (550)
- Pearson PTE Academic (55)
- The European Language Certificate (TELC), telc English B2-C1 University
- University of Cambridge exams: - B2 First - First Certificate in English (169) - C1 Advanced - Certificate in Advanced English (169) - C2 Proficiency - Certificate of Proficiency in English (180)
Exemptions: An English test is not required if:
- You have a completed high school or a bachelor's degree in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, or Ireland.
- You have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- If you have completed Norwegian upper secondary school with grade 4 or higher in English (140 hours)* or a specialization course in English with a passing grade.
3) Transcripts of grades and certificates
4) Letter of Motivation
Committed to supporting and promoting the most qualified academic applicants to its programmes, BI is pleased to offer several generous scholarship opportunities. For more information check this page.