- 85Acceptance Rate
- 3Available Programs
- 15000Average Cost
Pacific Coast specializes in delivering health sciences curriculum to domestic and international students leading to a JOB and CAREER in the high growth health care sector by integrating labs and clinical practical directly into the training program followed by a PAID monitored CO-OP work experience specific to the students field of study.
Pacific Coast Community College is known for enhanced curriculum and content that goes beyond Health Authority minimum standards and for its unique program designs and composition. This is one reason why Pacific Coast Community College is able to maintain such a healthy relationship with its extended care facility partners operating under the Provincial Health Authorities.
Applicants who have not been educated in an English Speaking Environment for a minimum of seven (7) years or four years at the secondary or post-secondary level, are to submit evidence of one of the following:
1. Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLB PT) -- test must be within the last six months: Listening 7, Speaking 7, Reading 6 and Writing 6.
2. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) -- test must be within the last two years. IBT only: Overall score of 76 with no score lower than 20 in Speaking and Listening and no score lower than 18 in Reading and Writing.
3. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic or General -- test must be within the last two years: Overall score of 6 with a minimum of 6 in Speaking and Listening and no score lower than 5.5 in Reading and Writing.
4. Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) Academic or General -- Aggregate score of 4L or better, with 4L or better in Speaking and Listening and 3H or better in Reading and Writing.
5. Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) -- Overall Score of 60, with no section less than 50.
Scholarship & funding
As a designated institution, Pacific Coast Community College offers enrolling students many ways of paying for their studies.
PRIVATE STUDENT LOANS - Available to permanent residents, Canadian citizens and international students. Students may also apply for educational loans through private funders. One such company is Amber Financial who will work with our students and see if they can provide loans for training.