Biotechnology and Bioengineering
Aim of the study program is to prepare highly qualified specialists and scientists able to compete on both the local and international scientific labour markets in the various sectors of biotechnology and bioengineering.
- Ensure the possibility of learning the theoretical and practical courses of biology, as well as basic courses of mathematics, physics and chemistry,
- Ensure that in-depth courses can be learned in a relatively specialised direction of molecular or organism biology,
- Develop capabilities related to critical thinking, analysis and reasoning,
- Develop skills in the design of biotechnology equipment and processes and product development,
- Develop skills to carry out independent research in a selected biology sub-field and to bring results into bachelor’s thesis and to obtain Bachelor of natural sciences in biotechnology and bioengineering degree.
- TOEFL iBT
1. General secondary high school diploma;
2. English language proficiency.
3. Grades in Biology or Naturescience and Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry must be no less than 4 in a 10 point grading system.
4. TOEFL IBT at least: 72. IELTS at least: 5.5.
It is possible for graduates to work in the scientific laboratories of universities and institutes, in existing businesses (in the fields of food, agriculture, medicine, waste recycling, etc.) or to create their own start-ups. Biotechnology and bioengineering is an interesting and dynamically evolving area that continues to create ever-new job opportunities.