- 80Acceptance Rate
- 11Available Programs
- 14050Average Cost
The university offers a range of subjects, but has a focus on technological and scientific studies. Research is also an important part of Strathclyde’s offerings, with key focuses on health, manufacturing and energy, among others. Also on offer are a wide variety of partnerships with businesses as well as other higher education institutions, both inside and outside of the UK.
Being that it is such a long-running and well-established institution, the University of Strathclyde has a proud line of alumni, including Team GB swimmer Robbie Renwick, inventor John Logie Baird, explorer David Livingstone and comedian Ed Byrne.
The University has a vibrant international community with students from over 100 countries and is investing £650m in its campus over a decade. Strathclyde’s campus is in the centre of Glasgow, one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities and a good base for exploring Scotland, the UK and Europe. Glasgow has excellent transport links and, with two international airports, is a one-hour flight from London and a short trip from the beauty of the Scottish Highlands.
The application must consist of:
- certified copies of qualifications, eg degree certificate and transcripts (showing the subjects taken and grades). If still studying, a transcript of results can be provided so far
- if qualifications are in a language other than English, official translations in addition to the copies of the original documents should be provided
- if English is not applicant's first language, a suitable English language test certificate (if appropriate), for example IELTS should be provided
- a copy of passport (if applicant is a non EU overseas applicant). Passport is required in order to obtain Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement which allows applicant to apply for Tier 4 visa to study
- a copy of sponsor letter/scholarship award (if appropriate/available)
- copies of any other documentation to support application such as a CV, Personal Statement, Portfolio (for certain programmes)
English Language Requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)
Faculty of Science: IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)