- 80Acceptance Rate
- 11Available Programs
- 14050Average Cost
The university offers a range of subjects, but has a focus on technological and scientific studies. Research is also an important part of Strathclyde’s offerings, with key focuses on health, manufacturing and energy, among others. Also on offer are a wide variety of partnerships with businesses as well as other higher education institutions, both inside and outside of the UK.
Being that it is such a long-running and well-established institution, the University of Strathclyde has a proud line of alumni, including Team GB swimmer Robbie Renwick, inventor John Logie Baird, explorer David Livingstone and comedian Ed Byrne.
The University has a vibrant international community with students from over 100 countries and is investing £650m in its campus over a decade. Strathclyde’s campus is in the centre of Glasgow, one of the UK’s largest and most dynamic cities and a good base for exploring Scotland, the UK and Europe. Glasgow has excellent transport links and, with two international airports, is a one-hour flight from London and a short trip from the beauty of the Scottish Highlands.
The application must consist of:
- certified copies of qualifications, eg degree certificate and transcripts (showing the subjects taken and grades). If still studying, a transcript of results can be provided so far
- if qualifications are in a language other than English, official translations in addition to the copies of the original documents should be provided
- if English is not applicant's first language, a suitable English language test certificate (if appropriate), for example IELTS should be provided
- a copy of passport (if applicant is a non EU overseas applicant). Passport is required in order to obtain Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement which allows applicant to apply for Tier 4 visa to study
- a copy of sponsor letter/scholarship award (if appropriate/available)
- copies of any other documentation to support application such as a CV, Personal Statement, Portfolio (for certain programmes)
English Language Requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)
Faculty of Science: IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)
Scholarship & funding
Strathclyde Alumni Scholarship
Strathclyde graduates a 15% tuition fee discount on postgraduate taught courses running in September 2021 and January 2022. All alumni will be eligible for the discount, including those who have studied at Strathclyde on an exchange or study abroad programme.
Mature Students Hardship Fund
£500-£1000 for mature students currently studying at Strathclyde and struggling financially.
The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund
The fund is to assist EU and International Students who have fallen into financial hardship after starting their course. If they started course with suitable funding in place and now find themselves in financial hardship they could be eligible to apply.
And Many More!
For more information: Scholarship & Funding Opportunities UK | University of Strathclyde