- 73Acceptance Rate
- 58Available Programs
- 42,693Average Cost
- 97Employment Rate
Founded in 1959, California Lutheran University is home to more than 3,059 undergraduate and 1,324 graduate students who come from more than 49 countries and represent a wide variety of faiths.
The dedicated, accomplished faculty works with small classes of students who are open-minded—about ideas, about people, and about faith—and are seeking to grow as individuals.
Both in the classroom and outside of it, everyone at Cal Lutheran is committed to helping each student pursue their passions to discover their purpose, and follow that purpose to transform their community—and the world.
General Requirements are:
- High school transcripts
- English proficiency proof
- Minimum Duolingo English Test score of 105
- Minimum TOEFL score of 213 computer-based; 550 paper-based; or 79 internet-based
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
- Minimum Pearsons (PTE Academic) score: 58
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Your academic record determines eligibility and you will be automatically considered for these scholarships when you’re admitted to Cal Lutheran.
- Need-Based Grants: Eligibility is based on financial need, as determined by the FAFSA or another application.
- Additional Scholarships: Eligibility for some scholarships is met through other non-need-based criteria, such as superior talent in the visual and performing arts (Talent), being the child of a Cal Lutheran graduate (Legacy), and demonstrating leadership and service values (Faith).